» Election Information|
Election duties of the Clerk include selection and training of the poll workers and qualifying candidates. For specific election related forms please click here. For a list of frequently asked questions and their answers, please click here.
Complete list of upcoming elections for this year. For all election related events, please click here to view the Election Calendar.
We need competent, trustworthy people to work at the polls to insure the integrity of our elections. Serving at the polls is one way we can serve our community, state and nation.
- You must be a registered voter of Jackson Parish who does not require assistance in voting.
- You must not have been convicted of an election offense.
Qualifying of Candidates
State candidates qualify with the Secretary of State. Municipal and local candidates qualify with the Clerk of Court of the parish in which the candidate is registered to vote.
Local & Municipal Candidates include:
- State Representative
- State Senator
- Judge, District Court
- District Attorney
- Clerk of Court
- Police Juror
- School Board
- Justice of the Peace
- Municipal Office-Mayor, Chief of Police, Alderman
- Democratic/Republican State Central Committee Member
- Democratic/Republican Parish Executive Committee Member
Election results will be displayed on this on this page.
| Return to Top