» » Birth Certificates|
||$34.00 (available for persons born in 1983 forward)
||$14.00 (any age-birth records 100 years old)
Any person who has been issued a birth certificate by the State of Louisiana may apply in person for a certified copy of the birth card or certificate in the Jackson Parish Clerk of Court office.
Applicants applying for a certified copy of a BIRTH CARD OR BIRTH CERTIFICATE ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE INDENTIFICATION IN THE FORM OF ONE PRIMARY DOCUMENT OR TWO SECONDARY DOCUMENTS:
- A state issued Driver's License that includes a photograph. (Expired license are acceptable if they show no signs of tampering).
- A state issued picture identification. (Expired state identification cards are acceptable if they show no signs of tampering.)
- A current U.S. military identification card that includes a photograph.
- A high school yearbook - provided the pictures clearly identifies the applicant as the same.
- A student I.D. card from a Louisiana college or university when accompanied by a 100% fee paid receipt for the current semester. (COUNTS AS TWO DOCUMENTS)
- A W-2 form issued within the past two years plus a Social Security Card. The Social Security numbers must match.
(COUNTS AS TWO DOCUMENTS)
- Original adoption papers.
- Original of a Louisiana high school, college, or university diploma.
- Official certified deeds or title to property in Louisiana.
- Louisiana vehicle registration or certificate of title.
- Local utility statements showing name and address of individual applying.
(EACH UTILITY COMPANY COUNTS AS ONE DOCUMENT)
- Insurance policy (Health, Home, Life, Auto).
- A payroll stub. The stub must show the name and social security number of applicant. (Cannot be handwritten stubs).
- A military dependent ID card.
- A credit card statement showing name of applicant and home address. (Note that credit cards are not acceptable.)
NOTE: IN INSTANCES WHERE AN INDIVIDUAL CANNOT PRESENT THE REQUIRED IDENTIFICATION, A RELATIVE WITH PROPER IDENTIFICATION CAN OBTAIN THE DOCUMENT. ALSO, ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL WHO KNOWS THE REGISTRANT AND HAS PROPER INDENTIFICATION MAY OBTAIN THE CERTIFICATE BY PRESENTING A RELEASE SIGNED BY THE REGISTRANT.
***IMPORTANT: IN CASES WHERE APPLICANTS PROVIDE OR ATTEST TO FALSE INFORMATION, THE INDIVIDUAL WHO SIGNS THE APPLICATION IS THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL BE PROSECUTED.
Here is a list of customers who may receive certified copies of Louisiana birth records:
- Mother / Father: If listed on the certificate. (If the child has been adopted, the mother / father listed on the certificate are the only ones entitled to the certificate.)
- Biological or legally adopted son or daughter. (Use son / daughter's birth record, adoption decree.)
- Current legal spouse.
- Grandparents: Maternal grandparents are entitled. Paternal grandparents entitled only if father is listed on certificate.
- Legal Guardian: Must have judgment of custody. Custody by mandate of Provisional custody from a notary not accepted. Transfer of custody witnessed by a notary is not accepted.
- Attorney: Must be representing the registrant at present. Attorney Bar number is needed on application.
Birth Certificates, Birth Cards, and Death Certificates can also be ordered online at www.vitalcheck.com.
|For information on obtaining out-of-state birth and death records, click here to see a list of nation-wide offices.
| Return to Top